Sunday 26 May 2013

Moral and Conscience

A friend of yours, who is also a popular and well-known student, boasts to you that he/she has managed to steal a copy of the semester science exam. He/she is prepared to sell it to anyone for $10.00. This test has a 50% weighting on the overall result. What do you do? Would you buy a copy for yourself? Would you report the incident?

The issue in this situation is that my friend is selling an important test.

It is important because it will count towards 50% of my science mark.

My decision will affect my marks, my friends, my teachers and my parents

The choices I could make are report the incident, ignore the incident or buy a copy.

The likely consequences for each choice is reported would affect my relationships with my friends, ignored would affect no one and buying would affect my parents and my teachers.

My family would tell me to report the incident however some of my friends would tell me to buy a copy.

Jesus would tell me to report the incident.

Wise judgment, courage and justice apply to this as you have to judge the situation wisely and justly and you need to be courageous to report it the incident.

The church teaches me that doing the right thing is important and sinning is not a good option.

Therefore, the decision I would make is to report the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment